The company is committed to making continuous improvements in the management of its environmental impact and further details are given in the Environmental Policy statement herein:
Environmental Policy Statement
Halsall Construction recognises that our operations have an effect on the environment and, as such, we are committed to minimising the impact on the environment and to continuous improvement wherever possible.
We are committed to operating every aspect of our business in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and approved codes of practice and in line with our Environmental Management System (EMS) as a minimum standard. Our EMS has been developed to meet the formal requirements of ISO14001:2015.
We apply the methodology of our Environmental Management System to identify and determine our environmental aims and objectives, these are:
• Environmental awareness and understanding of our business amongst those working for or on behalf of the company, providing training as necessary and encouraging sub- contractors and suppliers to adopt sound environmental practices.
• Conserve energy through sensible selection, use and management of resources, equipment, plant, and transport.
• The considerate use of land undergoing development having special regard to archaeology finds and the storage, treatment, and disposal of any waste, hazardous or potentially toxic materials to avoid environmental harm.
• The use and re-use of materials to minimize and curtail creating waste and, whenever practicable, using materials and products from sustainable sources.
• The continued development monitoring and investigation of systems, practices, and procedures at each stage of construction to ensure the environment remains our foremost consideration.
• Control the emission of pollutants, noise and dust, and the use of potentially harmful substances and treatments during construction activities.